FMI Corporation is seeking a talented professional to join FMI Capital Advisors, the firm’s investment banking group and registered broker/dealer. For over 60 years FMI has been the leading consulting and investment banking firm exclusively serving the engineering and construction industry. Our analysts support multiple M&A deal teams immediately upon joining the firm, and play an important role on each engagement. Clients hire FMI based on our unparalleled knowledge of the industry and access to leading firms. Successful associates thrive in our highly collaborative culture that rewards individual initiative and find unlimited opportunity for personal and professional success.
This full-time opportunity requires 10-20% travel, and will be based in our corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina.
• Conducting industry, market and company-specific research
• Performing financial analysis and financial modeling
• Preparing transaction marketing materials, including pitch books, teasers, confidential information memorandums and management presentations
• Conducting preliminary valuation work
• Researching investment opportunities in various construction industry niches
• Providing support to members of the investment banking group and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university in business, finance or related field required
• Previous investment banking internship or consulting experience desired
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to create and analyze pro forma financial statement models
• Superior organizational and time management skills, and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated maturity, integrity and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
• Strong proficiency in MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Previous Salesforce experience is a plus