FMI Corporation is seeking a talented professional to join FMI Capital Advisors, the firm’s investment banking group and registered broker/dealer, as a summer intern. For over 60 years FMI has been the leading consulting and investment banking firm exclusively serving the engineering and construction industry. Our interns support all members of the practice, and gain valuable exposure to the field of investment banking. Individuals with a strong attention to detail who possess an analytical/financial background are highly desired.
This full-time, paid internship will be based in our Cherry Creek office in Denver, Colorado, and require a commitment of 40 hours per week for a period of 10 weeks over the summer.
• Conducting industry, market and company-specific research
• Performing financial analysis and financial modeling
• Assisting with the preparation of transaction marketing materials, including pitch books, teasers, confidential information memorandums and management presentations
• Researching trends in various industry sectors
• Providing support to members of the investment banking group and performing other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in-progress from a top-tier university in business, finance or related field
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent research and information management skills
• Superior organizational and time management skills, and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated maturity, integrity and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
• Strong proficiency in MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Previous Salesforce experience is a plus